It’s the most wonderful time of the year... also the most expensive time of the year.
The festive season is almost here. Homes all over the country are already turning up the heating and soon the streets will be lit up with Christmas Lights, but this time of the year is also a big drain of household energy, with appliances such as boilers and oven working overtime.
Did you know?
- The average UK household can spend up to an extra £50 on energy bills in
- Cooking your Turkey for 5 hours, while roasting potatoes and boiling veg will cost around £1.50 to power.
- Standard households running incandescent lights for 6 hours per day, can cost £8.94 for electricity.
WAYS YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ON HOUSEHOLD ENERGY DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON
- Turn down your thermostat by 1°C, and you could cut 10% of your heating bill.
- Buying energy efficient LED lights, which reduce consumption by 90% are used instead the price would drop dramatically.
- It is unnecessary to pre-heat your oven hours before cooking. As your oven heats up slowly, the Turkey will cook more thoroughly, also saving energy.